How my millions of Fandoms will cause me to die with 100 cats and no boyfriend.
Male or gender neutral pronouns appreciated.
literally nothing ever sounds like a better option than sleep. there are so many books to read, projects to start, stuff to draw, chores to do, people to meet, hobbies to learn, recipes to cook, i could teach myself mandarin fuckin chinese, but i’d rather be unconscious
So remember how Ten got his hand cut off in The Christmas Invasion? And then he grew a new hand?
Well, that hand is slightly newer than the rest of his body, so when he regenerated, that hand still had some of the Doctor’s Tenth regeneration in it, and occasionally it reminds the Eleventh Doctor of that fact. It does this by doing things like letting Eleven know when he’s being stupid. As seen here:
1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you."
Posted on 10 March, 2014Reblogged from somethingfandomrelated
if i was a poetic meter i’d be stressed stressed
- do not glorify cutting
- do not glorify aneroxia or ed’s
- do not glorify apathy
- do not glorify hating yourself
- do not glorify anxiety
- do not glorify mental disorders
- do not glorify suicide
- do not do not do not do not do not do NOT